If you’re like me, then you’ve been constantly checking the following sites, for updates on how the human race is doing;
Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the earth yet? and Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the world yet? to see if we’re still alive. I just wish that they’d have an RSS or Twitter channel so that I could get an instant announcement of when I’ll die – rather than having to refresh the page religiously.
So, it looks like we’re okay for the time being, in fact – it turns out we’re okay for a few months as they won’t press the special button that ends the world until then… but still, you can never be too prepared.
In respect to the fact that we could die, like, any second I thought it was important to make a really depressing playlist. It’s not going to be a mixtape, with a pretty coloured in case – because there simply isn’t time to get the crayons out and dub it to cassete. No – this is a “put it on an iPod and run to the nearest space-station, super-glue yourself to Richard Branson and get onto his shuttle” playlist. Here goes:
1. Oh Well, Okay – Elliott Smith
2. Tonight May Have To Last Me All My Life – The Avalanches
3. I’ll Never Be Anybody’s Hero Now – Morrissey
4. Oh Shit! – The Pharcyde
5. Supermassive Blackhole – Muse
6. Helpless – Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young
7. Earth Died Screaming – Tom Waits
8. 25 Minutes To Go – Johnny Cash
9. There’s No Home For You Here – The White Stripes
10. Die In The Summertime – Manic Street Preachers
11. Disintergration – The Cure
12. I Know It’s Over – The Smiths
13. I See A Darkness – Bonnie “Prince” Billy
14. How To Disappear Completely – Radiohead
15. Hate To Say I Told You So – The Hives
16. Dear God – XTC
See, that was uplifting!
We’ll all die, but Hawkins will get the Nobel prize…
(Stupid scaremongering picture from Flickr user jamielondonboy)